The annual conference of the Association of Internet Research in 2016 took place in Berlin unter the title Internet rules! AoIR 2016 emphasised the relevance of the internet in today’s culture and politics. 600 researchers from all around the world gathered in Berlin to discuss the latest developments in the field of internet and society research. The conference theme addressed the significance of the codes and rules that frame the internet, as well as their playful circumvention, from technical protocols and popular platforms to the emerging, established, and contested conventions of online communities. A public panel discussion, an opening reception and a conference banquet completed the 4-day conference programme.
Scope of work:
- Member of international conference committee
- Heading local event coordination team
- Design of conference theme
- Conference material including banner, name tags, posters, coupons, slides, conference bags, signage
- More info: hiig.de/en/events/aoir-2016-internet-rules